Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Name's Bond, Kit Bond


Senator Kit Bond arrived to session late today, still garbed in his workout clothes, stating that he was unaware of today’s markup and had come directly from his personal trainer appointment.

Senator Bond’s attire was demonstrative of his commitment to a new lifestyle, including a new diet and strong workout regime. Senator Bond observed, “In recent years, I have focused on eliminating carbohydrates from my diet, turning instead to fresh vegetable and lots of meat.” Further, Senator Bond has committed himself to an “exercise regiment with a personal trainer several years ago, and since then have committed to hitting the gym five days a week. The routine consists of gentle stretching, 30 minutes of low-impact aerobic activity (such as walking, swimming, or bicycling), and isolated resistance training.”

Senator Bond’s lifestyle is not only good for his health but also good for the environment. He remarks, “My workout is eco-friendly! I exercise outside when time and weather permits, and I always sport eco-friendly workout gear. As a member of the Environment Committee, I would like all Americans to know that socially and environmentally conscious workout clothing is widely available. As a general rule, it is a good idea to select clothing that is made from organic or recycled materials and that are great at wicking moisture.”

This new lifestyle comes on the heels of Senator Bond’s admission that he will not seek reelection in 2010. He explains, “In 1973, I became Missouri's youngest governor. I do not aspire to become Missouri's oldest senator...I'd like to retire while I'm still at the top of my game. I am at the top of my game, indeed – at seventy years old, I am the best shape I have been in decades.”

No comments:

Post a Comment