Thursday, April 2, 2009

Senator Lamar Alexander's accent questionable, admits possible confederate sympathies

Senators on the Hill know Lamar Alexander for his identifiable southern accent, but recently Alexander has shed accent when out of session.

During a public breakfast, Alexander was overheard using a more mainstream accent. Analysts of his new accent have attributed it to Maryland, not Alexander's home state of Tennessee.

When asked to comment on the discrepancy, Alexander explained that he had a cold.

"I recently have had an unfortunate cold...that makes my southern charm vanish," said Alexander. "I begin to sound like one of those Yankees."

Alexander backtracked on his statement, asserting he does not support the Confederacy despite his comment.

"I have no hatred or mal-feelings towards anyone in the north. I just think that those from the south have a more beautiful accent," said Alexander.

No comments:

Post a Comment